3.31.2011

Political Music - The Criteria, Part II

My Acadian friends have asked about French songs. Simply put, while I love Acadian and Quebec politics, I am no judge of French music.

The Top 100 Political Songs Countdown is limited to English songs (any country). Because we're in a Canadian election as I write, I will highlight songs from French Canada as I blog, but they won't be in any particular order. You'll love them. And one English translation of a French song did make the list. A prize to the first person to guess which one. A special thanks goes out to Stephan, Sylvie and Kevin for their help in suggesting great music from the Acadian and Quebec nations, and starting to fill this knowledge gap.

Many people suggested national anthems. No. Not on this list. Not even for Jimi Hendrix.