4.16.2011

The internet, music and politics

Combining the internet, music and politics should be a good thing. When I began this blog, I wanted people to tune into political music as a way of tuning into the election. Music has a way of engaging people in ways a political stump speech just can't.

Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet can lead to online bullying by local partisans. I've received a few dozen odd emails from people, who support a party I never could, and who seem to delight in making the world a more hostile place where citizens are afraid to speak up and speak out.

I took a break for a few days, thought about it, and have decided not to let these Liberal partisans silence critics.

I have blocked comments, but you can still send your thoughts about the songs that are important to you by writing music@hammerheaddesign.ca Include your name, town, and a few words to serve as a bio.